New Jersey News & Chamber Press Releases
- Created on Thursday, 08 August 2013 20:37
Hey, New Jersey businesses, still feeling the wrath of Hurricane Sandy? Still footing the bills for all those post-storm repairs?
The state wants to hear from you. Hint: There could be cash in it.
The New Jersey Economic Development Authority has $260 million in grants and $100 million for loans for businesses that qualify - and, believe it or not, not nearly as many takers as you might expect.
- Created on Thursday, 01 August 2013 13:49
Small businesses and individuals shopping for government-subsidized health plans on New Jersey’s exchange will learn the details — and pricing — for those new plans and their prices in mid-September, according to the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services of the federal Department of Health and Human Services.
- Created on Monday, 29 July 2013 20:37
The Canadian drugmaker Valeant Pharmaceuticals said it will move the headquarters of Bausch & Lomb to New Jersey as part of its $8.7 billion purchase of the eye care company.
Yesterday’s announcement didn’t say where the new main office will be located, but a spokeswoman for Valeant said lit will be somewhere between Baush & Lomb’s current facility in Madison and the Bridgewater Township building where Valeant now maintains its U.S. base.
- Created on Monday, 29 July 2013 13:23
In recent months, it has become clear that congressional action is needed to address unintended, drastic increases to National Flood Insurance Program rates for home and business owners along our coasts and rivers.
A confluence of the Biggert-Waters Act of 2012 (meant to stabilize the NFIP), incomplete and inaccurate Federal Emergency Management Agency maps and questionable actuarial calculations has led to premium increases of up to 5,000 percent and more — for policyholders who have built to code and never flooded.
- Barclays set to stay in N.J. through 2019, with Liberty National, Ridgewood and Plainfield as hosts
- Business coalition: Minimum-wage hike may create $4.2B economic loss for state in next decade
- N.J. retains top 10 ranking as one of best places to raise a child, report says
- The Common Core: Real College and Career Readiness