- Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Tops in the Twitterverse
NJ Spotlight this week named the Twitter account of the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce (@njchamber) one of its Top 10 for keeping followers up to date on New Jersey politics and the people who are crafting policy.
- Monday, March 3, 2014
Barnabas Health, the state's largest health care system, will launch its own health insurance plan in 2015, Chief Executive Officer Barry Ostrowsky told NJBIZ.
The plan will begin enrolling members in late 2015, Ostrowsky said. And while he said Barnabas plans to offer the program on the health exchanges created by the Affordable Care Act, he said it would not be available on the exchange until 2016.
- Wednesday, January 29, 2014
NJBIZ's List of Powerful People in the State's Business Community
Includes N.J. Chamber President, Chairman, Both Vice Chairs, 6 Board Members
NJBIZ newspaper released its Power 100 list this week - a list of what the newspaper considers the most powerful people in the New Jersey business community. Appearing on the list are New Jersey Chamber of Commerce President Tom Bracken, N.J. Chamber Chairman Ralph Izzo; Chamber First Vice Chairwoman Amy Mansue; Chamber Second Vice Chairman Bob Doherty; and six other members of the N.J. Chamber's Board of Directors.
- Friday, January 24, 2014
The president and CEO of the African American Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey has been chosen as the new chairman of the board of the National Black Chamber of Commerce.
John Harmon, 53, who has been with the chamber since it was founded in 2001, was selected to serve as head of the national board.
- Thursday, December 19, 2013
16,900 Jobs Added In November, Dropping Unemployment Rate To 7.8 Percent
New numbers from the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics Thursday show that New Jersey added 16,900 jobs in November.
This sent the unemployment rate plunging to 7.8 percent from 8.4 percent in October.
- EDA approves incentives for first projects under new Grow NJ program
- Job Creation, College Affordability and Same-Sex Marriage are on the state Senate's Agenda
- Gov. Christie to Keynote N.J. Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner in Washington on February 13
- 4 reasons why Gov. Christie's re-election may be good for N.J. business
- MSNBC's Mika Brzezinski: Gov. Christie is not 'Too New Jersey' to be President
- Campaign Chairs for Gov. Christie and Sen. Buono Square off at Lively N.J. Chamber of Commerce Breakfast
- NJ Chamber Honors Four Legislators, a Christie Cabinet Member and a Business Advocate for Outstanding Economic Growth Work
- Opponents of Minimum Wage Increase Say It Would Hurt Businesses
- Take your hands off the N.J. constitution: Opinion
- Signing of the N.J. Economic Opportunity Act is 'Very Good News for Those who Care About the Economy'
- Head of the state Business Action Center to N.J. Chamber Members: ‘We’re all in, and it’s 24-7’
- ParenteBeard - N.J. Chamber Survey | Business Leaders: Minimum Wage Increases Do Not Belong in the State Constitution
Helping build a strong workforce
The New Jersey Chamber of Commerce Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to maintaining and improving New Jersey’s high-quality workforce. Finding strong employees, after all, is critical to all employers in the Garden State, and employee preparation is critical in a global economy in which most jobs require special training or college diplomas. Click here for more about the NJ Chamber Foundation.