N.J. Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Thomas Bracken's statement in support of New Jersey's business incentive programs:
- Monday, May 11, 2015
Sen. Raymond Lesniak's proposed legislation to place a moratorium on New Jersey's business incentive programs is an attempt to fix something that is not broken.
Let there be a full and fair accounting of the business incentive programs as prescribed by law, but let's not do it in a way that is destructive of a program that is bringing such positive results for everyone in New Jersey.
Grier, Prudential Financial Vice Chairman, Supports PARCC Exams: ‘We Must Be Clear About Standards and Expectations’
- Monday, April 20, 2015
Mark B. Grier, vice chairman with Prudential Financial and NJ Chamber board member, today spoke in support of Common Core State Standards and the controversial PARCC Statewide Exams that were implemented in the state's schools this year. Grier said the standards will help students emerge from high school better prepared for college and careers, and will give New Jersey a more skilled workforce.
The Arctic Express. A Big Success. N.J. Chamber Train Trip to D.C. and Congressional Dinner Attract 900 Despite Frigid Temps
- Thursday, February 19, 2015
The 78th Annual Walk to Washington and Congressional Dinner on Feb. 19 and 20, 2015 brought to Washington a who's who of New Jersey business and government leaders, all of whom participated in what NJBIZ newspaper has called "a massive mobile networking event" and The Star-Ledger called "a longstanding Jersey tradition."
- Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Two-decade veteran of Trenton's state government scene lobbies lawmakers and agencies on behalf of business community.
- Sunday, November 16, 2014
Two days after JPMorgan Chase said it had dropped plans to build two new office towers for $6.5 billion in midtown Manhattan, reportedly because New York City refused the company's request for tax breaks, New Jersey's economic development team sprang into action.
A letter from Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, Governor Christie's jobs czar, went out to 275 financial services companies in New York and Philadelphia, touting the "benefits of investing in New Jersey."
- New Jersey Chamber Cornerstone Members Meet with Governor Christie's Cabinet
- Opinion: Move toward sustainable funding for N.J. roads, bridges
- Who are the 25 Greatest Innovators in N.J. History? Start with Einstein, Edison and Waksman
- Cornerstone New Jersey Members Tour Famous Fusion Lab
- Coalition pushes to replenish state's transportation trust fund
- Gov. Christie to Present Mexican Dignitaries with N.J. Chamber's New Book Highlighting N.J. Companies
- Cornerstone New Jersey Members Meet with Gov. Christie's Advisors
- Sinatra, Streep, Berra, and Edison Are Winners in the ParenteBeard - N.J. Chamber ‘Best of New Jersey’ Survey
- Sen. Cory Booker to N.J. Chamber Cornerstone Members: A Strong U.S. Economy is Vital to Our Nation's Security
- Business Leaders Take to the State House to Warn that Tax Hikes Would Damage Economy and Job Growth
- Hundreds of New Jersey Chamber Leaders Gather at the State Museum for our 'Open House'
- NJ Chamber President Tom Bracken's commentary in NJBIZ: "Drop the millionaire's tax, and nurture the economy."
Helping build a strong workforce
The New Jersey Chamber of Commerce Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to maintaining and improving New Jersey’s high-quality workforce. Finding strong employees, after all, is critical to all employers in the Garden State, and employee preparation is critical in a global economy in which most jobs require special training or college diplomas. Click here for more about the NJ Chamber Foundation.